Cypress Employment currently has a direct hire position for an Industrial Maintenance Technician with a client in Mobile AL.
Salary $50K- $60k DOE
• Ability to repair and maintain production equipment, including compressors, pumps, motors, conveyors, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to work with people (previous supervisory experience a plus)
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
• Must demonstrate a commitment to all tasks assigned
• Willing to share input readily to improve our manufacturing processes
• Prompt and regular attendance is required
The maintenance person would train on day shift during the week for months, before becoming our maintenance fill in person (days, nights and weekends).
• Abide by all safety policies and promote safe workplace
• Repair and maintain plant facilities, equipment and machinery
• Work with production team in continuous process improvement efforts, including developing best practices and training others on best practices
• Troubleshoot process problems
• Perform all other duties assigned or directed
• Two years’ experience preferred but will consider those with degrees below and some experience
• Industrial Trade School Associate in Applied Science or relevant degree
• Plastics Extrusion/processing
• Electrician and/or troubleshooting electrical items such as AC/DC drives, Motor Controls and PLC’s
• Welding/Fabricating/Simple Machining
Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds frequently throughout the day
Ability to climb ladders and/or stairs often
Ability to walk for long periods of time in a non-climate-controlled warehouse
Ability to work in hot and or cold temperatures depending on the season
High level of manual dexterity required
Ability to crawl, twist, turn, stoop, bend, and push or pull to repair equipment
Willingness to work rotating shifts, including nights
The hours are 7pm or 7am working two shifts, then off two shifts and then off every other weekend. Weekend consisting of Fri, Sat, Sun. The schedule will be discussed in further detail during the company interview, but the training schedule may require working 4 12’s during the week until moving to the 3, 2 schedule once trained.
This position will offer a competitive benefits package including 9 paid holidays, an extremely rich health insurance package (around $25 a month for single and around $225 a month for family), paid vacation, 401k option, company paid Short- and Long-Term Disability as well as 15k in Life Insurance, and the advantages of a large corporation with a small company feel.