Position Summary: This position is responsible for solving technical problems within field of expertise, develop applicable documentation, and supervise all assigned resources to support the assigned project at our vast, 63-acre facility. Significant heavy manufacturing takes place both in several fab shops, as well as on the waterfront. The successful candidate will support the 1,000+ working men and women on our waterfront by assisting the Engineering Managers and Project Engineers in determining the technical requirements of the project; defining resource requirements to achieve schedule and budget commitments; and solving technical issues as they arise.
Follow FBS Safety Policy.
Abide by, and enforce, all organizational policies and procedures.
Lead or participate in internal and external meetings.
Prepare schedules for undertaking engineering work.
Schedule and monitor assigned work and the work of assigned resources.
Supervise 2-8 assigned resources.
Solve technical issues for approval by department supervision.
Track and report progress to budget and schedule commitments.
Prepare, check and issue professional quality deliverables (ECNs, WINs, Work Orders, PTSs, Reports, Studies, Proposals).
Facilitate communications of issues and solutions throughout FBS.
Interpret contract requirements.
Lead projects, internal or external.
Participate in yearly evaluations.
Distribute budgets for projects.
Prepare estimates as required.
Assist in developing contract change documents or proposals to support project needs.
Use of 2D and 3D shipbuilding software in the development of production documentation.
Specify and requisition material through company ERP system.
Write test memos and procedures.
Assist in carrying out testing specified in test memos and procedures.
May be required to lead or participate in product improvement projects.
Ability and willingness to engage in highly energetic pursuits on the waterfront.
· Maintain a commitment to and promote the Quality and Environmental, Health & Safety Policies.
· Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
· Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
· Optimizes Work Processes (Quality & Continuous Improvement) – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
· Master’s degree and 2-5 years of relevant experience OR 4 Year Degree in field of competence and 3-10 years of relevant experience OR 2 Year Degree and 6-13 years of relevant experience OR High School diploma and 8-20 years of relevant experience
· Demonstrable knowledge of relevant engineering field
· Experience using 2D and 3D CAD software to an advanced level
· Current computer skills relevant to the field of competence to include Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
· Ability to maintain a professional demeanor
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Supervisory Experience
· Six Sigma or LEAN training desired
A working knowledge of standard shipbuilding rules and regulations, as well as the associated regulatory agencies and the review & approval process