ATSS is looking for a Sub Contracts manager for a client in the Pascagoula, Mississippi area.
GENERAL FUNCTION: Acts as the primary point of contact in support of the program office in all matters pertaining to assigned subcontracts for the ACAT 1 Polar Security Cutter program. This position will directly report to the Manager of Purchasing/Subcontracts. Manages the subcontract solicitations, negotiations, contracts and amendments, teaming agreements, and any other contractual documents. Is the initial point of contact for contractual communication with the subcontractors and the company’s Corporate Legal Department for subcontract legal determinations. Functions will include maintaining documentation for timely submittal of all subcontract deliverables, including responsibility such as certificates of insurance, earned value data management, representations and certifications, and organizational conflict of interest. Works closely with Subcontracts Administrators and the Supply Chain team to ensure timely communication and data flow to and from key suppliers. Supports proposal and pricing development as well as various company procedures relating to procurement, proposals, and subcontract administration. The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance may be required.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities
• Draft, evaluate, negotiate and execute program subcontracts
• Leads subcontractor negotiations.
• Develop and maintain strong supplier relations
• Makes recommendation to management to execute contractual documents.
• Establish and maintain supplier relationships
• Serve as a single point of contact for sub-contractual matters
• Manages subcontractor performance
• Manage record keeping for all subcontract-related correspondence and documentation
• Facilitate resolution of subcontract-related issues, both internally and externally
• Communicate subcontract-related information to all stakeholders
• Monitor and complete subcontract close-out, extension or renewal, as appropriate
• Performs other duties and assignments as required.
DESIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
Work in a general office environment. Eyestrain and repetitive motion involved during peak period of data entry. Some travel may be required to subcontractor locations.
• Minimum of 8 years progressive responsibility with quantifiable results in federal government contract negotiation, administration and/or management
• Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills
• Robust skills in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Visio
• Ability to meet program objectives within designated constraints
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Finance, or related areas. Certification by National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is desirable. Must have a working knowledge of the FAR and DFAR. Familiarity with all contract types; Fixed Price Incentive is a plus. Past experience working on large and complex US Government shipbuilding programs is desirable. Strong oral and written communication skills