ATSS is looking for a Program Manager A for a client.
GENERAL FUNCTION: Manages the fulfillment of contractual obligations for assigned programs. Serves as primary contact with the customer. Coordinates all engineering, purchasing, scheduling, and subcontract work. Reports directly to the Director of Program Management or Sr. VP of Program Management.
TYPICAL DUTIES: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
• Be a major participant in or lead the initial program proposal development
• Be the primary Customer Interface for the assigned program
• Manage all program activities; providing communication, guidance and direction to all performing departments necessary to achieve program requirements and objectives
• Establish the Program Management Baseline (PMB)
o Establish the management reserve
o Develop the program work breakdown structure
o Develop schedules & distribute program budgets across the performing departments
• Establish early cash flow profile for the program
• Establish, maintain and manage program risks and opportunities
• Prepare major financial upside/downside chart; monetized & tied to the program financials
o Time-phase the margin step up opportunities across the program schedule timeline
• Track Performance to PMB
o Manage, measure and report progress to cost and schedule targets using earned value management system metrics
o Constantly monitor physical progress and periodically update the equivalent annual cost and estimate to completion
• Partner with assigned production leadership to eliminate obstacles standing in way of achieving safety, cost, schedule and quality objectives.
• For multi-vessel programs, establish additional methods to measure progress and performance to cost & schedule targets and demonstrate vessel-to-vessel learning
o Vessel-to-vessel learning examples:
Unit assembly completion rates
Percent of pre-outfitting (pre/post blast & paint and pre/post erection)
Compartment and tank completion process/burn-down/rates (craft specific)
Test Program burn-down
• Develop & execute recovery/work-around plans to remain on cost & schedule targets
• Continuously seek out and pursue program cost reduction opportunities and schedule improvement initiatives
• Change order, Configuration Management and Control
o Manage the engineering change proposal (ECP) process
o Maintain the configuration baseline
• Monitor vessel production, Test & Trials Program, and Build-To-Test activities
o Ensure efficient performance of vessel production, test & trials
o Ensure vessel-to-vessel learning is incorporated into downstream vessels
o Ensure readiness for builders trials (BT) and acceptance trials (AT)
o Conduct trial card screening & ensure correction of “Contractor” responsible cards
• Prepare for and conduct periodic program reviews for both internal and external consumption
• Manage the post-delivery warranty/guarantee
• Promote special studies
• Promote new business opportunities
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Possess strong, practical experience in project management gained thru managing large, complex projects.
• Knowledge and experience in executing project and program management methods and techniques.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Ability to lead a wide range of individuals and teams involved in the program.
• Ability to develop and execute effective action plans to correct program problems and issues.
• Ability to demonstrate effective written and oral communications skills.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Engineering preferred. Considerable experience managing both administrative and production areas or any equivalent combination of experience and training which results in the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Project Management Professional Certification is a plus.
Program Manager A: 5+ years’ experience in program management.
Program Manager B: 3-5 years’ experience in program management.
Program Manager C: 0-3 years’ experience in program management.