Atss is looking for an Engineering Lead:
GENERAL FUNCTION: Accountable for content of design deliverables and responsible for technical accuracy. Engineering Lead reports directly to the Chief Engineer and works under the general direction of the Chief Engineer and Program Engineer for the specific assigned project
TYPICAL DUTIES: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
• Responsible for the management of required deliverables per assigned project.
• Accounting for schedules, technical content/quality and continued process improvement.
• Responsible for the coordination and management of subcontractors with reference to their deliverables within the schedule per assigned project.
• Responsible for supporting the procurement solicitation of materials with purchasing, as well as support in developing Scope of Work for quotations.
• Direct all subcontractor efforts according to the terms and conditions of a given contract.
• Will be responsible for overseeing Department Goals within the Functional Group.
• Ability to communicate on all levels with Program Engineer, Procurement Specialists, Design Engineers and Production Personnel to ensure all program requirements are fulfilled in accordance with the dictates of the project schedule.
• Responsible for preparing, overseeing and assigning design calculations and drawing development to support Electrical Function Goals within the program.
• Responsible for progressing assigned functional work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Good understanding of all phases of procuring activities for Marine products, industry regulations and Company standards.
• Understanding of scheduling and an ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
• Experienced in interacting with Production, multiple design teams from several companies, customer representatives and equipment manufactures.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees, customers, and subcontractors.
• Knowledge of computer programs – Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong working knowledge of Maritime Regulatory Authorities (i.e. ABS, DNV, NAVSEA, MIL, USCG, IMO, etc.)
• Possess a thorough understanding of vessel design in any or all of the following areas:
Experience in Naval Architecture, shipbuilding, and production processes.
Oversees and conducts the design of marine systems and machinery, considering the complexities of production, installation, operation maintenance and repair of tools, engines and other mechanically functioning equipment, such as: HVAC, auxiliary, propulsion.
Good knowledge and understanding of Power Generation, Power Distribution, Lighting, Internal and External Comms, Controls, and C4ISR.
Knowledge of shipboard Cyber would be an advantage.
Knowledge of EMI/EMC and/or TEMPEST would be an advantage.
Electrical General Arrangement
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE & TRAINING: Bachelor degree in the relevant discipline field with minimum of 12 plus years in shipyard design and/or construction experience or equivalent experience supplemented by training.