ATSS is looking for a Director of Compliance and Internal Audit for a client in Pascagoula, MS.
GENERAL FUNCTION: This position will be responsible for developing programs, policies, and practices to ensure that the company complies with applicable federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. They will manage the monitoring of business activities for compliance with applicable rules and regulations, as well as supervise and manage a team of Compliance/Internal Audit Analysts.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
• Ensure proper internal control environment is in place by developing and maintaining corporate policies, tools and other resources related to the company’s compliance and audit programs and oversee compliance monitoring.
• Develop, implement, and manage a central repository for policies, procedures, work instructions, and other regulatory documents and supporting evidence; working with key stakeholders to assure standardization of required internal documentation.
• Ensure facilities, departments, and stakeholders have adequate policies, procedures and training in place, identify deficiencies and provide support and guidance to remediate.
• Perform risk assessments to identify areas of risk (non-compliance) and remediate.
• Support facilities, departments, and personnel regarding United States Government compliance to include assessments for non-compliance, as well as interpretation and application of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), Cost Accounting Standards (CASs), and other applicable Government regulatory controls.
• Perform and manage reviews and analysis of Contractor Business Systems to ensure applicability to requirements of Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Mandatory Annual Audit Requirements (MAARs) are met.
• Identify training needs, and work with the Training Department and stakeholders to establish plans to provide training.
• Serve as primary point of contact for internal and external audits including DCAA, DCMA, etc.
• Manage allegations of non-compliance and any other disputes to ensure proper communication across various audit agencies and stakeholders.
DESIRABLE SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Proven leadership abilities in the areas of corporate compliance
• Advanced knowledge of auditing techniques
• Ability to lead people and manage procedures & processes
• Strategic thinker able to drive success throughout the company
• Strong organizational, communication and time management skills
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management, Business Administration or another business-related field. Master Business Administration (MBA) is a plus. Minimum seven (7) years of experience in a Federal Government Contracting environment including FAR, DFARS, Truth in Negotiations (TINA) requirements, and CAS knowledge. At least five (5) years of experience interacting with DCAA, DCMA, and/or Contracting Officers. Preferred understanding of Deltek, Primavera, and other Earned Value Management Systems and Program Management tools. Proven ability in all aspects of internal and external regulation and policy compliance.