ATSS is looking for a Business Analyst for a client in Pascagoula, MS.
GENERAL FUNCTION: Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs. Document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies. Business Analyst reports directly to the Director of IT.
TYPICAL DUTIES: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
• Determines operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output requirements and formats.
• Constructs workflow charts and diagrams by learning system capabilities and writing specifications.
• Improves systems by comprehending current practices and designing modifications.
• Recommends system controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures.
• Monitors project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
• Suggests changes to management using analytics to support recommendations and actively participates in the implementation of approved changes.
• Creates informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
• Conducts insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operations’ issues.
• Prioritizes initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of software design, programming, and maintenance.
• Consistently applies process improvement skills to assist in the development of IT.
• Ability to use packaged software such as Microsoft Office and SQL.
• Ability to work well under pressure and use individual problem solving skills to analyze complex situations using critical thinking skills.
• Possess strong communication skills within a team oriented environment.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE & TRAINING: Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study with minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analysis or a related field. Microsoft Access and/or SQL experience strongly preferred. Competent in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.