ATSS Group has a client in Panama City, FL in need of a Senior Mechanical Engineer with field production package support.
Review outsourced design packages against specification, rules (ABS, ABS NVR, DNV, etc.) and regulations (USCG), and prepare information for detail engineering, in the following disciplines:
• Piping System Drawings
• Review Machinery and Equipment Layouts in in general.
• HVAC & Machinery Ventilation.
• Perform tasks related to your profession in the areas of general design, strength analysis for various situations, review piping system design for functionality and basic operation, select and size pumps, research vendor information and provide recommendations for the selection of equipment, and systems or piping.
• Review equipment specifications and system design regarding contractual requirements, safety concerns, functionality and cost requirements.
• Work with and mentor younger engineers to expand their work capabilities.
• Review and comment on other engineer’s work.
• Work with mechanical engineering group manager as required to support overall contractual and program requirements.
-Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
-A minimum of 15 years of experience in the marine industry with system design experience for all types of marine applications.
• Should have experience mentoring younger engineers.
• Must have a proven record of problem solving in the marine engineering field.
• This would include significant experience in areas of marine piping systems and controls, HVAC systems, propulsion systems and overall ship marine system design.
• Sizing of mechanical components, developing design drawings and/or 3D modeling using CAD Software’s, and having assisted production efforts during the construction of the vessels at various stages, including ship checks and verification of as-built conditions. • Proficiency in performing, accessing and using 2D/3D software to handle various type of formatted Documents as PDS/Adobe, etc., for verification of Vendor Data, Structural and Vessel Component and Machinery Arrangements, Mechanical Drawings such as Piping and HVAC, Production Packages and Schedules, etc.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Autocad is required.
• Use of pipe design engineering software such as Pipe Flo Professional, Caesar II or other piping system design engineering software.
• FE analysis software (such as Nastran/Patran).
• 3D design software (such as Foran or Ship Constructor) is essential.
• Must have a vast knowledge of Classification Rules, International codes and standards as: ABS SVRs and NVR, DNV, API, AISC, ASTM, ISO, and MIL Standards.
• A good command of the English language, both written and orally is required.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, employees and the public.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form. Ability to solve difficult problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to work in a fast- paced environment, display an attention for detail, and function as a team player.
• Behavioral Attributes: Integrity, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal skills, attention to detail and multi-tasking. Maintain the confidential integrity of details