ATSS Engineering has a client in Morgan City, LA looking for a Planning/ Scheduling Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Program Management, the Planning and Scheduling Manager oversees all planning and scheduling activities for all New Construction Programs. This includes coordinating the development of resource loaded production work orders to ensure an organized and scheduled flow of labor and materials to meet production requirements and forecasts.
Planning and Scheduling Manager is responsible for advising program teams and management on the status of in-progress work, material availability, and any potential production problems to ensure that resources, material, and services are provided as the program plan dictates. These activities are to be coordinated across departments, project teams, and shipyard facilities.
Duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Work with project teams (PMs, PEs, and Production) to plan, prepare, issue, and control production schedules and all associated activities.
• Create program milestone schedules.
• Generate resource loaded program schedule in Primavera P6 or other similar software as required.
• Maintain Facility Utilization Schedule for each New Construction facility.
• Ensure that a Material Ordering Schedule is developed and maintained for each program.
• Analyze workload and provide man-loading demand for each New Construction facility, organized by craft and workstation.
• Ensure accurate development of percent complete file for each program.
• Produce Work Orders for all production activities for each program.
• Incorporate accuracy control and QA requirements into each production Work Order.
• Coordinate material need dates with Program Office for each Work Order.
• Assist production supervision with physical progressing of work scope.
• Generate production performance metrics.
• Assist with development of custom processes to support program management activities.
The following qualifications and knowledge are necessary to successfully perform this job:
• Self-motivated, possess excellent communication and leadership skills, and possess a solution-oriented mindset.
• Experience with ANSI/EIA-748 Standard for Earned Value Management Systems, and related program management methodologies.
• Familiarity with MIL-HDBK-881, and the ability to develop a contract WBS in accordance with the Handbook.
• Must have a comprehensive understanding of overall shipbuilding and/or manufacturing operations.
• Must possess in-depth knowledge of reading and interpreting engineering drawings and associated material specifications used in new construction programs.
• Estimate sizes, distances, and quantities; or determine materials needed to perform a work activity.
• Working knowledge of shipbuilding regulatory requirements and practices.
• Ability to interpret and understand Conrad organization’s policies and standards.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Education and/or Experience
The following are required for this position:
• Degree in Engineering or related technical field preferred.
• Minimum of 15 years related Scheduling/Planning Experience.
• May have equivalent combination of education and experience.