ATSS Engineering has a client in Mobile, AL looking for a Vice President of Human Resources.
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer and President
SUPERVISES: Strategic Recruitment Manager, Training and Workforce Development Manager, Apprentice Program Manager, Human Resources Coordinator, Benefits Coordinator, and Administrative Assistant
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The VP of HR will serve as a strategic business partner and key member of the Senior Leadership Team, as well as consultant and problem solver to management.
• The VP of HR has overall responsibility and accountability for the development and implementation of human resources policies, programs and services including: talent acquisition, employee retention, labor relations, training development, employee relations, benefit design, procurement and administration, compensation and performance management.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent
• 10 years demonstrated experience in progressive, fast paced, forward thinking organization(s), with 5-7 years in a HR Director/VP level position.
• Extensive knowledge of HR Compliance issues (Affirmative Action, EEOC, FLSA etc.) required.
• Experience managing employees engaged in safety sensitive roles a plus.
• Experience working in union/non-union work environments.
• Expertise in compensation and benefits design and application preferred
• Legal degree with an emphasis in Employment Law is a plus.
• PHR/SPHR certification desired
• Experience working in a multi-location, multi-state environment preferred
• Transportation experience is a plus but not a requirement
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Travel required