ATSS Engineering has a client in Mobile, AL looking for a Off-Net Project Manager.
The Off-Net PM ensures routing, testing and delivery for proposed projects on the contractual obligations set forth by Carrier Relations. Additionally, Off-Net PM coordinates customer implementation activities for splicing including node placements. Kick off calls and face to face meetings required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Researches and reviews existing network architecture (third party and UF operated network) to gather necessary data and develop proper SOW.
• Manages UF expectations of the 3rd party vendor and ensures splicing close out data is delivered to specification and documented in the fiber inventory database(s).
• Qualifies serviceability for large, fiber dense projects where an off-net element is required.
• Works with Carrier Relations and administrative personnel to create POs and activate projects; may verify and reconcile invoices.
• Plan and allocate leased fibers needed for upcoming projects. Coordinate with Carrier Relations
• As projects are completed, closes tasks in Salesforce database, reconcile assets, and generate details to ensure proper closure of project and hand off to next team.
• Works closely with Field Operations Managers and SCAC to coordinate assets with 3rd party providers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/ or Experience:
• 3 years in telecommunications.
• Fiber splicing experience preferred.
• Network planning experience.
• Read/comprehension of contracts.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sitting, standing, and walking.
• Overhead lifting of over 20 pounds.
• Bending, stooping, climbing ladders and crawling.
• Long hours involving overtime and weekends as necessary.
• Ability to read effectively from a computer screen, sampling device and/or a paper copy.
• Ability to work multiple tasks in a stressful environment while maintaining a positive and pleasant manner with others.
• Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced office environment.
• Ability to travel up to 20%.
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, holidays, and weekends.