ATSS Engineering has a client in Mobile, AL looking for a Piping Designer
Temp to Permanent
Local engineering firm is seeking a candidate that has minimum 10 years of relevant industrial experience in mechanical/piping drafting and design, as well as field experience. Must be able to walk down piping systems in the field and compare to P&ID’s. Generally responsible for performing all aspects for complete designs of mechanical/piping assignments using theoretical knowledge and practical design methods. This level is expected to assist in the design of larger and more complex mechanical/piping assignments. This work will be performed under general supervision.
Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Familiarity with and utilizing department design and drafting standards
• Familiarity with project scope, specifications and design criteria upon assignment to a project task team
• Developing the design and drafting of moderately complex piping drawings given basic information such as P&ID’s, GA’s piping specifications, equipment drawings, etc.
• Performing field design work to ascertain current conditions, locate new systems, communicate with client personnel and assist in construction
• Preparing material take-offs from piping drawings
• Planning and managing your site design activities for optimum results
• Recognizing and communicating scope and design changes promptly
• Knowledge and application of piping materials
• Knowledge and application of piping supports and restraints
• Flexibility analysis of piping system. Drafting of P&ID’s and GA’s.
• Design of piping limited specific equipment and inline instrumentation arrangements such as pump suctions and discharges, tanks, control valve stations, etc.
• Familiarity with specifications and installation details of construction bulk materials and equipment
• Ability to create accurate mechanical/piping installation documents from the information found on vendor equipment drawing.
• Knowledge and understanding of work flow/information flow between disciplines
• Knowledge and understanding of schedule constraints and information requirements for the production of all mechanical/piping deliverables
• Ability to accurately estimate completion of assigned tasks. • Knowledge and application of company engineering design and CAD drafting standards
• Working knowledge of 2D AutoCAD and Plant 3D
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Field experience
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Good presentation skills
• Experience with Laser Scanning and processing scan data
· Associate degree in Engineering Technology or Computer-Aided Drafting is preferred.
· 5+ years CAD experience. (Plant 3D or CaddWorx preferred)
· 10 years Piping / Field Experience a must.
· Experience with Laser Scanning and processing scan data a must.
· Be willing to travel to out-of-town customer’s facilities to gather information and take measurements