ATSS Engineering has a client in Mobile, AL looking for a Electrical and Instrumentation Designer.
Temp to Permanent
E & I designer with a minimum of 5 years experience in industrial/plant facilities and having field work experience. Candidate should have working knowledge of loop sheets, EFS’s, cable schedules, single line diagrams, connection diagrams and equipment installations.
Should be able to provide to project teams:
· Efficient E&I designs utilizing computer aided software conforming to the client’s standards.
· Work with project teams to ensure designs are in compliance with the defined scope of work.
· Identify and resolve conflicts on new designs with existing infrastructures.
· Works with various discipline leads and team members to address their specific requirements as they relate to the E&I designs.
· Maintain Project Monitoring Worksheet which contains: Equipment Lists, Instrument Lists, drawing lists, etc. on assigned projects.
· Work multiple projects and responds to changing priorities.
· Enter requisitions for material purchases as required.
· Monitor the work of drafting resources and coordinate with other discipline resources.
· Ability to read and understand technical drawings and other documentation to translate into designed systems.
· Drafting & Preparation of Project Drawings, EFD’s, P & ID’s, Layouts, Schedules, Bill of Materials for Electrical and Instrumentation. Includes single line diagrams, schematic diagrams, power layout, motor elementary, lighting layouts, cable routing, grounding, cable tray routing and & support details, typical installation details.
· Prepare Instrument index, Instrument layout/location drawings, electrical equipment layouts, material take-offs, I/O lists, loop drawings and termination details, cable lists and block diagrams.
· Familiar with Electrical codes, equipment specifications, and various design standards such as OSHA, NEC, ISA, etc.
· Working knowledge of electrical and instrumentation grounding.
· Experience with and ability to read power and control circuits.
· Working knowledge in low voltage power system design.
· Familiar with Instrument specification sheets.
· Experience in field work for locating and designing electrical equipment and instrumentation systems.
· Knowledgeable in Medium and / or high voltage systems.
· Knowledge of PLCs and DCS systems.
· Experience with CAD and 3D modeling software.
· Effective computer skills including Microsoft Office.