ATSS Engineering has a client in Bay Minette, AL looking for a Senior Quality Engineer.
This position is responsible for executing the Quality Assurance strategy to ensure product flow consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements. The Quality Engineer responsibilities include providing quality assurance support. The successful candidate will participate in continuous improvement activities as well as work cross-functionally.
· Provide Quality customer interface and expertise to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied, including assisting in complaint resolution and root cause and corrective action determination.
· Support Supply Chain Management in the analysis of supplier quality data providing expertise with product and process quality requirements.
· Execute the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, providing advanced quality planning support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services.
· Participate in, and may lead, the auditing of internal Quality Systems and complete part-approval documentation to assure that customer requirements are met in new or modified products and processes.
· Analyze organizational quality metrics and performs periodic reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level.
· Develop and analyze statistical data and product/process performance to recommend and implement improvements in targeted areas.
· Contribute to the design and implementation of quality assurance training programs and conducts training in quality-related topics
· Participate in product development and launch activities including identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs, material testing.
· Provide support and may lead an improvement team, in the development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits.
· Develop, implement, and audit complex inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures and work instructions.
· Investigate and eliminate causes of complex or multi-dimensional quality problems and follow up on corrective actions.
· Participate in the design, procurement, maintenance, and evaluation of gages, measurement instruments, devices and test equipment.
· Coordinate with multiple locations to prepare consolidated plant, customer and product status information and action plans.
Required (Basic) Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
· Minimum three (3) years of experience in a quality role in a manufacturing environment.
· Minimum three (3) years of experience with interpreting engineering drawings and use of precision measurement tools and equipment.
· Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
· Quality System Experience (e.g., AS9100, ISO 9001, TS16949, ISO1702
· Knowledge of GD&T.