ATSS has a client in Mobile, AL looking for a 2nd Class Maintenance Electrician.
A Maintenance Electrician will perform a variety of activities, such as, installation, maintenance and repair of electrical and electronic systems, wiring, fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment; and perform related work as required.
The above description is general in nature. A Maintenance Electrician may be required to perform other related duties not specifically described herein.
Essential job duties include:
· Perform electrical preventative and corrective maintenance on all plant equipment including facility assets.
· Read and interpret drawings and wiring schematics.
· Identify and correct potential equipment problems using various troubleshooting methods.
· Install, repair or service machinery, equipment, and support systems as required.
· Must be willing to help the jobsite team in the following areas: General Preventive Maintenance, cleaning, and painting.
· Comply and participate with safety, quality, and policy guidelines.
· Complete repairs in a timely manner and follow up with customers to ensure work was complete and effective.
· Assemble, test, and modify motor control devices, programmable controllers, transformers, and other electrical components.
· Determine the correct method and sequence of operation, selection of materials to be used, and work direction.
· Diagnose electrical, programmable controller and mechanical malfunctions, determine, and perform corrective action required.
· Replace, adjust, and calibrate components to align control apparatus to required operating specifications.
· Must be able to identify and install circuit conductors per NEC rules.
· Installs or repairs wiring, electrical and electronic components.
HSEQ Roles and Responsibilities include the following:
· Comply with all relevant statutory, legal, industry, and client HSEQ regulations including the international standards of ISO 9001:2015
· Utilize effective tools and software to manage the company’s HSEQ initiatives (EHS Insight)
· Hold leaders accountable for HSEQ performance
· Communicate to the workforce the standards for working safe
· Define clear & concise quality objectives throughout the organization
· Develop the required training to ensure the workforce is equipped for success
· Collaborate between company employees, contractors, and clients to assess and control the risks associated with planned and ongoing work
· Maintain an objective measurement system for ongoing evaluation to assess HSEQ performance and our processes to constantly improve and establish best practices
2.0 EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 1+ years of experience in the field or related area
3.0 KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily demonstrate the following:
· Use of diagnostic testing and tuning equipment to diagnose mechanical, electrical and hydraulic malfunctions.
· Ability to read manuals and schematics.
· Must be able to communicate with other mechanics about repair work required.
· Knowledge in PLC, circuitry, and programing
· Background in machining and electrical equipment
· Experience with hydraulics, and pneumatics controllers
· Firm knowledge of electrical code
· Be able to troubleshoot problems with equipment, including cranes
4.0 WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
· Works in all types of conditions and weather.
· May be working in heated and unheated buildings or outdoors in winter and summer.